The Biggest Elk – 575 Archery Bull?

575 Biggest Elk Feature

Once again we have something that really starts to cause a major frenzy on the Internet. Message boards and emails are draining the bandwidth of America trying to find the “real” story about this huge bull elk. The last few days I have been hit so hard with emails about this bull I had to just make a post.

Similar to last year, we have a huge bull elk that is making people wonder. Last year we had two instances that I was able to clear up on the King’s Blog. Kevin Reid and his two monster Idaho high fenced bulls and also the big archery bull from Texas caused quite a storm of interest. Fortunately, people were able to find some closure on the King’s blog and find out the real story on all of these bulls. Well, here we are again…another big bull and nothing but questions seem to arise with not very many answers.

For all of you who are already very familiar with this bull due to the emails that have been forwarded to you, this is basically what is being stated about the bull:

Record Bull Elk Scoring 575?

“This Elk was killed with a bow in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness. He green scored 575″ and should net out at about 530″ non typical. He has and unbelievable outside spread of 79″. This is the biggest bull ever taken with any weapon.”

There is no question after looking at the photo of this elk, that a score of 575 seems very possible. Some people have claimed that the photo has been doctored up and points have been added to it. That could very well be the case. However, let’s just assume this bull is legit and really does score 575 gross and 530 net non-typical. This would clearly destroy all records whether you are talking Boone & Crockett, Pope & Young, or Safari Club International (SCI). However, the biggest question that is coming to everyone’s mind…is this a legit, fair chase, no high-fence bull elk?

The email states that it is from the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area. This Wilderness is found in Idaho and ranges over 1.3 million acres of land. This area is the Idaho Montana border and the Wilderness also extends into Montana. Idaho does have high fence operations, therefore Idaho is a very valid location that this bull may have come from. I don’t believe it came from the Montana side as high fence hunting is illegal in this state (however, I know there are some operations who are getting around the system there…but that is for a different time and topic).

So Idaho could be the place, but a bull of this caliber just doesn’t match Idaho’s elk. Sure there are some good elk – potential big stuff, but Idaho is not a state that is continually producing big bulls. I have also heard of people talking about a huge elk taken up in Canada. Canada, specifically Saskatchewan, has many high fence hunting operations. One thing you can probably tell from my own assessment is that this bull is a high fence bull. Too many things lead to this, but I will keep my mind open to the contrary until I can finally prove otherwise.

I will be honest. I just got done with a marathon session busting out our next issue of the magazine and getting a fall catalog ready. I have not had a lot of time to research this bull out. I am feeling in a pretty good mood and therefore want to put all of our heads together and get this one figured out. I will go out on a limb and call this a high fenced bull. THE FIRST PERSON TO PROVE THE LEGITIMACY OF THIS BULL GETS A NICE FREE GIFT.

Yes, you heard right. The first person to email me correct information about this bull or a lead that will help me track down the correct information I will give them a free ShadowCamo fleece jacket and hat. Hey, that is about a $100 value! Not bad for a Tuesday. Good luck.

NOTE: This is now over…the prizes have been given out and I no longer need you to email me stuff about this bull. We have it covered now. Thanks…Read on.

UPDATE: Here are some additional photos that have been emailed to me. I think this pretty much clears up the fact that this is a high fence bull elk. Where it was taken and who the hunter is is still unanswered.

CONCLUSION: So here we are after 115 comments and many versions on what people may think about this elk, what is the final conclusion. I have actually been waiting the last few days to make this post as I have had trouble getting in contact with the person I needed to at the Ranch. After emails and multiple phone calls I have been able to talk to people there, but unable to hook up with the person who had the details I was looking for. However, I do know enough to make my own conclusion in addition to a lot of information that is out there and information that people have emailed me.

It is not that hard to conclude that this bull elk IS a high fence bull elk. The elk was taken within a high fence confinement. That is confirmed. The elk was NOT taken in Idaho, Montana or anywhere in the U.S. This elk was from a game farm/ranch operation located in Quebec, Canada. It was taken during their 2006 hunts. Rumors that the bull scores 575 gross is not true, however it is close. The bull elk scores 560 gross or 560 SCI. It was in fact taken with a rifle, not a bow. Many people are concerned that a bull of this size will somehow trick everyone and make it into the Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young record books. This is not going to happen. You don’t need to worry about this at all. B&C and P&Y are very protective of their records program and go to great pains to keep them clear of these types of animals. Many have wondered if the photos of the bull in velvet eating out of the dish is really the same elk in the kill shot. It is.

Contrary to what people think, the “shooter” in the photo next to this huge elk is not stating any kind of record, is not claiming any kind of B&C or P&Y status. It could however be a world record for SCI in their “high fenced” category, but I am unsure of this. Whoever started the email stating the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness location is unknown at this time. My purpose of posting this photo and information was soley to confirm and clear up all of the confusion that the bull caused and the concern that thousands of people had that this may or may not be a world record and was it a legit, fair chase, non high fenced animal. I think we have all helped in clearing this up. Thanks.

295 Comments on "The Biggest Elk – 575 Archery Bull?"

1. mike says:

If you want to high fence hunt good for you. But dont try to pull the wool over our eyes

2. 12gauge says:

I would first like to say WOW! I was searching for the Oregon State Record Cougar and came across this link. Being that I just got back from Elk hunting I decided to read, learn, and sometimes laugh. Is that an amazing bull? YES!!! Was it hunting? Im not positive, because I have never been on a guided hunt nor have I been on a fenced hunt. What I do know is that hunting for me, is about the experience, the memories, the friendships, and the adrenaline. Did the killer of that bull bring back memories? Yes sir. Did the killer of that bull bring home an experinece? Yes sir. Did the killer of that bull bring back friendships? More than likely. And was the killer of that bull full of adrenaline when he spotted that bull and pulled the trigger? If he wasnt, that ELK should be posing with a smile on his face, above the HUNTER in that picture. Because ANY elk, while elk hunting, gets the adrenaline pumping and if it doesnt, your wife should hang your hunting boots above the fire-place and sell your hunting weapon because she has no use for them when your dead.
    So in my mind he is a hunter.
    I didnt harvest a bull this year. In fact out of the 13 spike only tags in camp we harvested zero elk. But the one thing we did do was have a good time. We all had great experiences. We all have some sort of memory about this year. We all made new friends. And whether it was the flushing of a grouse 5 steps away or a tree’d black bear 7 feet directly above my father in the pitch dark without a flashlight that got our adrenaline pumping, it was hunting!
    The main reason that I chimed in about these posts is because not once, at least not in this thread, was any word mentioned about the killer of this bull stating this bull to being a new world record. Or any kind of record for that matter. Story line for this post, the way I stumbled acrossed it read “The Biggest Elk- 575 Archery Bull?”
    No where in that title does it state new world record. Or that the hunter, or what I prefer to call killer, because Im not yet aware of all the circumstances behind the harvesting of this animal to call him a hunter, claimed anything other than a very big bull. Do I believe in high fenced hunts? Not sure that I do. But I know that I dont believe in bashing someone, or a magnificient animal such as this bull, because he was behind a fence, that for all we know could be surrounding 100,000 acres of 5,000 foot high ridges and narly windfall, until of course you get to the creek.
    #239 posted about a high fenced experimental area in Oregon that was arranged by ODFW (Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife). This high fenced area is 40 square miles, which you cannot hunt within a 2 mile buffer inside or outside of the fence line. He failed to mention however that all the animals inside this fenced area are WILD animals. Except for the cattle. All the animals were either still in the area when they put up the fence or trapped and transplanted into the fenced area after the fence and observation area were constructed. Now I know some of you big sky hunters would say that 40 square miles isnt very big. But I hunt in an area that is public land, no more than 5 square miles, and I have killed 8 elk and one bear since 92′. That might not be that many to some hunters, but the unit I hunt in Oregon, which is spike only, happened to have only 21 calves per a hundred cows this year with an estimated herd of 6300 elk. There were over 2100 spike only tags issued for the unit and it happens to be in the same unit that the experimetnal forest (high fenced) area that #239 menitoned.
    I guess what Im trying to say is that this bull, although killed in a high fenced outfit, is still an AMAZING animal. DO NOT discredit the animal. He probably lived a pretty spectacular life as far as an elk’s life is concerned. He didnt look like he was stressed by people, (from the pictures of him feeding out of the dog bowl), the people that manage the ranch probably have a pretty good control of predators, so he wasnt stressed from that normal elk stresser. And being as big as he was, he probably got to breed as many cows as he could, which if elk smiled probably put a big smile on his face.
    You guys can bash me all you want. Thats fine with me.
    Im just a hunter. Who has meat in his freezer from last year, a bunch of TROPHIES of spikes, and a rag horn on his walls, and sheds in his garage. And a scrap book full of memories of the hunt, and not just the kill.
    I wasnt unhappy at all coming home empty handed this year. I was blessed with the ability to hunt with my father once again, and that makes him and I both hunters!
    Im also the guy who gives a thumbs up to the other guy with the huge bull with the massive rack hanging out of the back of his pick up passing me on the highway, when I have nothing hanging out of the back of mine. Who am I to judge? All I know is that he has an elk in his truck, and will have meat in his freezer. He’s a fellow hunter. He accomplished what he set out to accomplish. Kudos to him!!
    Oh, and post #239, the Experimental Forest in Eastern Oregon that you call a high fenced area has conducted some great studies about hunting, camping, cattle grazing, hikiing, predators, vehicle traffic, timber cutting, and general elk behavior and the effects of such activities on the elk herds which have helped many states adopt management plans and objectives that I think we, as elk hunters, and hunters in general, should all be thankful for. You dont have to be rich to hunt this area. You just have to put in for the tag like any other Eastern Oregon Unit and some of the Western units. My father has a few co-workers that hunt this unit, and sometimes kill elk, sometimes dont. Nothing that would make the record books by any means. And surley nothing quite as big as the magnificent bull that once roamed a game farm somewhere in Quebec!
    Good luck to all you hunters out there, safe and happy hunting!!!
    BP

3. "real hunter" says:

Hunting in montana ,idaho,wyoming, coloradoect is somthing like this…..
    The word “hunt” Means to get up at 5:30am, eat burnt toast and drink cold coffee. Scrape the ice off of the windshield of your ’67 ford beater. get it started, drive into the willderness(must be more than 370 acres) get out hike through 2ft of snow for 3 miles, maybe find a spike elk or a cow, shoot it with your old 30-30, dress it out qtr it up and drag the peices back to your truck, get home at 11:00pm. tired and cold but with a grin on your face cuas theres meat on the table and meat in the freezer.
    Anyone agree?

4. Alberta-wes says:

#256
    Ya, thats a big 10-4. But you make it sound easy ! ! Gotta love it.

5. richard says:

just get over it it is a done deal…

6. Kobie says:

there should be considered two record books one being for non high fenced animals and the other being fo high fenced animals

7. Lloyd High says:

Dear Editirs.
    Having been raised with good hunters here in Utah where we have high country fir , scrub oak and sage in the North to the Grand Cabnyon countrry in the south it sickens me to watch a program wher men and woman will go to a South Texas or midwest deer farm and sit in a blind overlooking a field that has been disced and windrowed to pick out a target then shhot with the latest high tech weapon.
    My old 30-30 grandfathers would roll over in thier rendered mound to see todays sof butted hunter that brags so well on a T.V. program as a guide / farmer hauls his torso out to a feed lot.
    Hunters indeed !
    Here’s a fsh here’s a barell now catch it.
    Lloyd

8. Lloyd High says:

Dear Editirs.
    Having been raised with good hunters here in Utah and throughout the Intermountain West where we have high country fir and Aspen forests, scrub oak, and sage in the North to the Grand Canyon countrry in the South, it sickens me to watch a program where men and woman will go to a South Texas or midwest deer farm and sit in a blind overlooking a field that has been disced , windrowed , special growth feed , salt licks, and apples/cornblocks set out to pick out a target then shoot with the latest high tech weapon wearing camo no less!
    Myself as well as my old 30-30 grandfathers would roll over in their rendered mound to see todays soft butted hunters that brags all of the time and so well on the ” hunter ? ” T.V. programs while some dirt farmer turned ,” guide” hauls his torso out to a feed lot.
    Hunters indeed !
    Here’s a fsh– here’s a barell –now catch it.
    Lloyd

9. josh says:

yea yea yea nice bull did you raise it your self i can go to the zoo and shoot too!!

10. J Brinkley says:

I agree with most of ya’ll and as a dedicated hunter It ticks me off that this farm raised bull could make the record books, I don’t think they should even consider putting it in record books, It is hard enough to bag a big bull anyways, and if your hunting for record breakers it would be dang there impossible to bag a bull in the wild that would score over 560.

11. fabian says:

i just got back today from a HQ hunt up here in Valle Vidal in new mexico we saw lots of elk and got our cow. We had lots of fun and its not all about the size its about the fun. That bull is huge but not natural, i’d rather get me one thats 100 percent mother nature even if its not in the record books.

12. Derek says:

I would like to mention that, at least from this amateur photographer’s perspective, these photos look fake. Each one of them looks enhanced with computer graphics, even the main photo with the would-be hunters posing with their “trophy”. I think this thing is a complete hoax.

13. Botkins says:

It is a huge elk, i want to shoot it, how did you shoot it, i would have been shaking too bad lucky duck

14. colt says:

nice elk

15. Hunter0770 says:

This one is legit,All the comments about how the rack looks diffrent it’s just camera angles.

16. griz says:

You guys that keep talking about the farm elk spreading disease need to get educated. The farm animals have been treated against the diseases that afflict the wild elk herds. There are no laws being broken by raising elk to be sold like cattle. A ranch in northern Idaho provided an opportunity for family members of mine from a part of the country that doesn’t have elk to take some wonderful pictures and they were able to actually pet one of the elk. The only true shame in this is if the hunter tries entering an animal in the record books that doesn’t belong there. When the story is told, he (the guy that shot it) is the one who has to sleep at night knowing the story he told. Before you condemn, make sure you don’t have any tall fish tales of your own.

17. Loop says:

MONEY! That’s what it is ALL about anymore. I have but one simple question; Where does it all end? Are we all so bent on more money that all that “was” real is no longer a concern? Oops, that’s two questions. We had better make our choices now or it will be too late. Idaho had an escape of farm elk this fall, right smak in the middle of WILD elk country. What are the possible effects? C’mon people think, then act. A zoo is the closest thing to us humans raising wild animals that should be allowed!

18. Nd Nate says:

I think that if you don’t have a want to learn to hunt than you shouldn’t have the right to pay to shot a monster bull. Go shot a tame farm animal. How is this supporting hunting its supporting the farm that raised the animal. We have farms that raise elk in ND and I payed to hunt in colorado this year but the key word is hunt.
    Hunting is not walking across a farm yard and shoting an animal at point blank range is stalking and the thrill of the hunt out smarting an animal that has out smarted hunters for years.

19. Mark says:

No one can contend that this bull is huge. Farm fed with enhancers or whatever, who cares? The genetics have to be there too. Besides If the guy has the money to fork out for something he wants mounted on his wall then so be it. I dont know why everyone wants to tear him down. He never claims a record status of any kind. Its just a large bull. Done deal. Congrats to the rich guy.

20. Dan says:

Thanks Mark (post #270) for your comments. I to agree with you, why the hostilities toward an individual who killed the largest elk? The hunter is not claiming any type of record (other than the largest elk taken). At the end of the day, who cares that he hunted a high fence area? None of us were there, it may have been very challenging, and that’s all that matters. My sense is a lot of the posts that I have read regarding this subject appear that the hostilities are due to jealousy, maybe not that the individual hunted a high fence, but that they could not afford to! Let’s just appreciate the size of the elk, and keep dreaming.

21. Purist says:

The Idaho Fish and Game reported that one of the cow elk killed that escaped from the chief Joseph high fence operation tested positive for Red Deer genetics….the Owner is of course refuting this.
    Hate to say it, but, “told ya so”.

22. RPbobby says:

Real hunting is not going into a pen and shooting a Bull that was payed for and then telling the whole north-west region that you shot it in the selway-bitteroot

23. Sigvaldsen says:

people dont even no what hunting is these days all they do is feed them and wait for them to come in. i was watching one on tv and the deer was licking a feeder and she shot it

24. bAyAhUNTER says:

HUNTING JUST ISNT WHAT IT USED TO BE I REMEMBER WHEN WE WOULD SIT OUT IN THE BARN AND WAIT FOR A BIG BUCK BUT NOW WE ARE SHOOTING THEM OVER FEEDERS AND SAYING THEY WERE IN THE WILD.

25. RPbobby says:

well it realy is sad the way that people are hunting these days. I dont know why they just cant go out and take one the way that all of us other people do these days.

26. TJ in Nebraska says:

I wish I would have found this ‘request for information on the picture turned to teenage quibbling sooner’. But I’m going to put my 2 cents in and join the club. Most of you anti-high fence hunters don’t see the big picture yet or just want to stroke your own ego by slamming the other guy. Everybody gets it. You guys are hard-core hunters. You don’t do anything unethical. You are men that do everything the same way our ancestors did. Oh, except you use firearms and state of the art compound bows with mechanical broadheads…hmmm. Wait, maybe you guys try to corner the beasts in a valley somewhere and drop big rocks on them or jump out of trees on them or dig big pits for them to fall into? Or maybe you guys just sit in a treestand and WAIT for a deer or elk to come to a feeding or bedding area so you can shoot it? Oh I’m sorry, that’s not waiting..that’s HUNTING. Let’s not forget all of the state of the art scent blocking camo and the truck you drove out there with and the canned spaghettios and canned beans you ate that day and even canned meat!, and, and, and…get the picture? I am NOT an anti-hunter by any means. I love to go out and kill animals…all sorts of them. And I love to put that meat in the freezer and feed my family with it. So, to finally make my point..we have evolved. Whether it be from necessity or just sociey’s way of thinking, we have changed. I have hunted pheasant in the wild and on preserves and after it’s all said and done, I end up with more birds on the table and less FUEL usage by driving to a preserve. I can hunt for half a day with my dogs and my friends and be happy my legs still work so I can go back to my job the next day. Walking all day in empty fields has become the norm around here because of the overhunting that’s being done. PLUS the farmers seem to be ripping up all of that good hunting land so they can plant more corn and make more money. OR maybe they have chosen to leave the habitat and lease the land. It’s all about survival of the human species while keeping a good balance with the rest of nature. If that means farm raised catfish, salmon, shrimp or ELK, then so be it. As it was said 100 times in this forum, this guy never bragged one word to any of US. It is a picture. Now that we know the real truth a lot of you will be eating your words, I HOPE. Oh and by the way, for all you HUNTERS out there that think it makes you look bad because of the way this guy hunts…please go back to school and learn some spelling and quit making the rest of us educated hunters look bad!!!

27. TJ in Nebraska says:

I would like to add a little more to my last comment. The term “fair chase” seems to have arisen here more times than I care to hear, yet I hear about people using ATVs and horses to hunt or at least get back to their camps. How does that make it a fair chase? Everybody here uses something to make their hunt easier and uses something that gives us an edge over the other guy and the animal. Maybe it’s not a fence, but you are undoubtedly using something that makes it a little unfair. Is that map you’re using to find the way in and out to the best spots fair? Is that 4 wheel drive you’re using to get to the hunting area fair? And don’t you think a big fence keeping out wild predators can serve as part of the reason these so called tame animals get larger? I have to agree that shooting an elk that will basically walk up to you is not hunting. But how many have you have driven up to your hunting spot, walked less than a mile and had a deer or elk or whatever, just stop and look at you because they don’t know what you are? Many times we point the finger at the other guy. And if it was you in that picture, everyone else would be second-guessing your hunting skills or ethics. So, to all you people that are pointing those fingers….the next time you take a crap in the woods, ater you dig your cat hole, I hope you can find some good leaves because I don’t expect to see your paper out there for me to step on. : )

28. Dan says:

Thanks TJ (posts #278 & 279) for presenting a lot of facts and different viewpoints that were overlooked by other hunters. Again, who cares at the end of the day how this hunter killed that elk, I certainly don’t. None of us were there and don’t know the difficulty of the hunt, so let’s congratulate him and gt on with our lives.

Lot’s of egos and too much pride for me, I’m out of here.

29. allen says:

You know I completely agree with you guys. I was talking to a guy out here in North Dakota. He was talking about how he got this big buffalo Bull. I said how? I did not know you could hunt buffalo? It turns out he shot it at a buffalo ranch.I don’t agree with game farms, but than again I don’t believe in baitng deer either or any of the other so called moderen hunting Methods

30. Tony says:

So many people judge the hunters but I would like to know how many of them would actually pass up the chance at taking a bull like that. I bowhunt in Oregon and it is greuling at times and I guarranty that if I had the opportunity to take that one I would and so would 99% of the other hunters. Do you guys also object to hunting on private cattle ranches? because you know that they use salt and mineral licks that attract game. If a guys got the money let him be.

31. Mark says:

Obviously Allen 281 hasn’t hunted much or he has poor eye sight. The first time I saw this photo I could tell by just looking at there clothes they look like the just stepped out a truck and shot this bull. That is what I told the guy that sent me this picture and I knew it would be proved a hoax in time. I see a whole lot of rationalizing to try and justify this as really hunting. I don’t totally object to game preserves as long as it is done ethically. Yes, people that can’t spell and use proper grammar on here still know the difference. TJ I agree you can break it down into different shades of how hunting is defined. Controlled permits at times can produce hunts that are extremely easy hunts for trophy size antlers. But don’t rationalize here that these canned hunts qualify them as truly hunting. If it makes you feel better to convince yourself it is then continue to do so. But don’t try to cram it down a person’s throat, were smarting than that. I have a 400+ bull growing in my back yard. If you think coming over to my place and shooting it is hunting your mistaken. Now if you want to step inside with him and try and pet him during the rut now that would be a good show to watch and would be consider fair chase watching him chase you around.

To me the reward from hunting is defined by the challenge of the hunt. Take away the pursuit, the difficult terrain hunting, packing the animal out and the challenge would diminish the experience. Probably one of the memorable hunts was shooting my first spike elk. It was a hunt I would not quit or give up on when everybody had that day.
    It wasn’t the size of the animal but the obstacles and challenges I endured during that hunt. I have taken many more animals since then that would be considered outstanding trophy animals, Kodiak brown bears, Dall sheep, Glacier Bear, Mountain Goats the list goes on and on. But the challenge each hunt presented what was most important to me in the end. It was also being able to share it with someone else or helping them take their animal was as equal rewarding. Yes I like to take something home usually for the table. But I have no problem letting the animal live another day. It is not the guarantee of taking an animal is why I hunt but the camaraderie of hunting with family or friends, the experience of nature and being out there no matter how difficult conditions may get. We all have our own definitions of hunting and reasons for doing it. But that is how I define hunting and when the trips that I hunted and hiked my butt off and came home empty handed only makes it more rewarding when I finally do connect. If you haven’t experienced it then I don’t expect you probably to fully understand until you do.

32. zoe winlow says:

well, if its such a fine specimin which it is then why not leave it alone and others can admire it when it is still living. i shoot deer in england regularly and use their meat, but there is no way that a family will eat that much and if it was a trophy hunt then it was pointless. please email me on the subject anione who is interested in putting me straight or so to speak!. zoe winlow

33. James says:

After spending the last 2 hours reading all of the posts I contemplated commiting suicide. When I look through these comments, I relize how much we all point our fingers at others to put them down because they don’t hunt the same way we do. I like to think of myself as a hard working ethical hunter and am proud of my accomplishments. However, I don’t think it’s right to point fingers at hunters (who are probly apart of R.M.E.F) that like to hunt in fenced areas and say they arent as good as us because they don’t hunt “fair chase”. There money spend the same with the conservation programs just like ours. My real issue here is not about this hunter and his elk but the observation that I’ve made while reading this. I feel most people are really losing sight of what hunting really is….it’s a time of bonding, friendship, hardwork, and just being able to get away from all the stress in everyday life. If you are successful in getting an animal than great, however your hunt should not be judged on how big the animal scored, but by how many memories you can take with you…

34. Dale says:

What gets me is everyone is quick to judge what they think is wrong . No this may be not fair chase.to some. How many people use Dogs to hunt coon or bear? You call that fair chase for them? Might not be in a fence, but they mid as well be. I have a personal protection shepherd, if some one starts something i could give him a head start and call that fair chase for the dog.. How do you look at it, just because you don’t like it that makes it wrong ? I raise elk, if i go out and shoot one for meat and get the head mounted what do you call that ? I don’t like high fence hunting, but who am i to judge ! I know some one who has high fence hunts for handicap people that cant get to the mountains. If what ever they shoot is a trophy to them then that is what it is .

35. Hunter H says:

Im Hunter i am 12 year olds and absolutely LOVE hunting and fishing.when it comes to fishing with me and my dad he’s my partner in crime. and i’ve never seen anything like that Elk that big.on that trip did you have another tag to shoot another Elk or no?well thats all and love the elk bye

36. Corey worster says:

this is the BIGGEST ELK I HAVE EVER SAW I GOT TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS THE BEST WORLD CLASS ELK.GOOD JOB

37. dan says:

are you kidding me everyone on this page would have shot this elk given the opportunity. cry me a river build me a bridge and get over it.

38. ian nourse says:

i have to admit that is a nice bull elk but i am 17 years old and have been bow hunting my whole life and to think that some one would raise a bull and feed it steroids to make horns grow just so they can say they got a world record my spikes have been a trophy for me so i wonder if you feel bad at night thinking you got a world record by cheating.

39. jacob says:

I dont know about any of you guys, but if had my own elk ranch, and had the genetics like that in my herd, i’d be selling alot of elk and i’d be making a good living doing it. Its a free country, like any other job!!! I think there’s alot of jelous people. Anybody in their right mind would shoot that elk, no matter if it was fair chase or on an elk ranch!! Dont kid yourlself’s….

40. Dan says:

A few times each year we butcher a calf, or a pig from the pen. Same diff. Thats not attacking anyone, just the truth.

41. brett says:

wow is all i can say to your great hunt congrats

Trackbacks for this post

1. King’s Outdoor World Blog » And The Winner Is?
  2. King’s Outdoor World Blog » So Who Really Shot that Rumored 575 Elk?
  3. The Best of 2006…Monster Elk! » King’s Outdoor World Blog