307 inch mule deer sheds from 2007!

There has been a lot of talk of some huge 300 class mule deer sheds recently found (spring 2007). I am not going to go into a lot of detail here and leave that up to the person who found them at the right time. Just wanted to let you know that they are legit and they are big. Should be the biggest non-typical mule deer sheds ever found or ever known. Let me at least throw a few numbers out there. The sheds have been scored at 307 1/8 gross and 301 4/8 net non-typical using just a 24-inch inside spread (277 4/8 without an inside spread). These 16×12 point sheds also have an estimated 46-inch outside spread. Ouch! Very impressive.

You will be able to see these world class sheds in the upcoming 2008 King’s Mule Deer Calendar.

13 Comments on "307 inch mule deer sheds from 2007!"

1. adam bedont says:

Only one word to explain–WOW!!

2. Brad Bentley says:

A buck of that magnitude didn’t grow to be that big by being stupid and careless…that’s why it doesn’t suprise me that his sheds were not found until now. I wonder if that buck is in his prime, if he’s still growing or if he’s already started his decline…if so could you imagine how big this buck can and/or will grow to be! Does anybody know what state they were found in? I can’t wait to see some photo’s of these sheds and see what they look like in the King’s Calendar

3. jason says:

I’d heard somewhere that this 307 buck is the buck that Ryan Hatch’s dad found a few years back. If you’re familiar with the muley crazy videos it’s the set that old man Hatch is holding that has lots of extras and really blady/heavy back forks and extras. The set also had a broken back on one side that I think was later reparied. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the sheds on the video are off the same buck as this 307 buck found this year?

4. landon says:

Yes these are for sure off hatchs dads buck im the person that picked them up ive been to ryans and he has held these awesome horns theyre them

5. jason says:

Nice work Landon, I can’t imagine what it must have been like walking up on those sheds. At least now you can die a happy man, congrats.
    Jason

6. Briggs says:

i want picures

7. Tylor says:

I would love to see some pictures of this monster mule deer, Congrats on the find. Awsome!!!

8. I was with landon when he found them here are some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. I was with landon when he found them here are some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! 1

10. Teresa Gardella says:

Landon is such a nice kid…he deserves this awesome find!!! The sheds have been in my home and they are pretty big. This from a non hunter clueless mother of one of his friends.

Trackbacks for this post

1. Record Mule Deer Shed
  2. Video: Antler Fest 2007 » King’s Outdoor World Blog
  3. Video: 307 World Record Mule Deer Sheds » King’s Outdoor World Blog

Got something to say? Go for it!